Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
The Senior Software Engineer delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. We collect and process 60+ billion events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with deep insights that no other company can match. Data Engineering is the team responsible for managing this vast dataset. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the advertising project of data engineering team.
What You'll Do:
- Working together as a part of cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software to meet advertising product requirements
- Development of distributed computing big data applications using Scala, Java, Python, Pig on big data frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark on Yarn. Candidates do not need to know how to use all of these technologies; however, Java and Hadoop MapReduce is a must.
- Leveraging techniques and Practices like Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation, and Test Driven Development to enable rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Artifactory, BitBucket
- Take ownership from design, to development, to automation, to maintenance, and support, of the assigned module from the whole processing pipeline
- Work closely with engineering team, and data analytics team, to collaborate and work towards bettering the product development
- Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Consults with analytics and stats team, to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ Years of experience developing Java Based software solutions
- Experience with Hadoop stack MapReduce, Pig
- Experience designing, developing, and building data pipelines, ETL solutions, and storage of data
- Bachelor's degree in a related area as well as 5 or more years of experience or at least 3-4 years of experience in the field of data engineering
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with large scale data analysis application development on Hadoop, and Spark frameworks, using Java, and Scala
- Experience with CI/CD Test Automations, Build Automations, and Test-Driven Development.
- Python experience is a big plus
- Experience with working with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases, and Postgres is a plus
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.