The Role: Senior Software Engineer – FSG
- Design and develop solutions using JAVA, Spring Boot, Rest APIs and batch processing applications
- Have a strong eye for operational aspects of platform engineering such as deployment, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Create testable, well-documented code, participate in code reviews, and optimize backend performance.
- Collaborate with the Finance and other Engineering teams across Chegg to build and manage finance applications in Java or Python
- Own decisions around refactoring and strengthening of financial application and batch ecosystem
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 5+ years software engineering experience, with 3+ years of such experience in an agile environment.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, Java 11 or Java 13 etc.
- Strong experience in OOPs, and Micro-services design patterns, integrating, creating and working with APIs
- Strong exposure in Agile scrum-based development models
- Familiar with dev ops such as Bitbucket / Jira / Confluence / Gitlab
- Experience with Test driven Development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred.
- AWS Certification is a big plus.
- Any Experience in the Finance domain is a plus
- Experience with Python and python-based tools like Pandas, PySpark a plus
- Experience integrating with financial applications like ERP, Salesforce a plus
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Studentshows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer