About the role:
Have you ever dreamt of a new home? Most people consider new construction during their home search and our team ensures that a thriving new construction marketplace, both for buyers and homebuilders, exists on Zillow. With more than 180 million users each month, 4 of every 5 homes across America have been viewed on Zillow. In July, more than 840 million homes were viewed on mobile devices alone – that’s 315 homes per second!
We are looking for a front-end engineer that obsesses about the buyer experience - everything from visualizing how a pile of dirt will become a shiny new home to the customization options in kitchens and living rooms. You embrace these industry-first projects and dig into the technology to create the best user experience. You tackle tough problems, you work well with others, and you provide leadership in your areas. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Opportunities in this role:
- Work at one of Seattle’s highly-rated workplaces
- Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with daily releases and no pager duty
- Build web experiences used by millions of people every month
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Iterating quickly with a small team of developers.
- Providing front-end expertise and pragmatic architecture recommendations to help guide the team
- Collaborating with developers and designers throughout the organization
- Providing feedback that will influence design direction for the team’s features
- Crafting features that reach more than 166 million monthly unique users.
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- You have five years of experience in front-end technologies (JS, HTML, CSS).
- You have two plus years of experience working with frameworks like react or angular
- You have three years of full stack experience, with recent experience demonstrating real passion for developing user-facing features
- You possess a passion to create the web’s best new construction shopping experience
- You have experience mentoring developers and technical leadership
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.