Senior Software Engineer (Testing Automation)
Are you inspired to learn more about cloud technologies and cutting-edge tools in a dynamic environment? Do you enjoy applying your technical acumen to clarify and understand requirements, then ensure test approach and test coverage are well defined for automated testing? If you do, come join us in building next-generation legal product at Thomson Reuters! We are looking for a highly-motivated engineer who is passionate about delivering quality products to our customers. Our Technology team works in a cutting-edge and fast-paced environment building large-scale systems and solutions for Legal Professionals.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the testing automation for customer journeys, building and implementing necessary best practices essential for DevOps; end-to-end product testing, and implementation of robust test automation frameworks for our cloud-native, and web-based applications and services.
- Write and modify functional and end-to-end automated and manual tests.
- Learn continuously, develop software using industry and company best practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in iteration planning sessions to understand customer requirements, provide design options for coding and testing, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Collaborate with team members, architects, and business owners to ensure software is built to meet our customers’ needs.
- Own and produce quality work timely.
- Escalate issues or risks at iteration level.
Qualifications and desired skills:
- 3+ experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software quality tools:
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and development (Java preferred).
- Software automation tools (e.g., Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Junit, API testing or similar).
- Developing or working with test frameworks (Web UI and API) and test tools.
- Tools like Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, GIT, Team Foundation Server, Jenkins.
- Ivy, Gradle knowledge.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to define testing tasks and provide estimates in agile development environment for integration and end-to-end quality.
- Technical aptitude and experience with software testing tools and techniques.
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and automation tools/frameworks.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work well with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America