Senior Software Engineer
No Clearance Requirement
ENSCO’s Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division designs, develops and manufactures precision, high speed, real-time track inspection systems for the national and international railway market. We are presently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering staff for the design, development and support of measurement and inspection system technology products.
Responsibilities will include :
- Design, development and support of measurement and inspection system technology products.
- Develop detailed software specifications for real-time data acquisition, analysis and presentation.
- Provide accurate time estimates for the software development process.
- Lead the design, development, coding, testing and debugging real-time, multi-threaded, multiprocessing software applications and associated user interfaces.
- Leverage technical expertise in Object Oriented design, C++, Java, database (MySQL/SQL Server), Socket Level Programming, cross-platform UI and software application development framework, CVS/SVN and Git for software development in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Utilize Visual Studio 10/15 and Eclipse IDE tools.
- Learn new technologies, frameworks and support and enhance existing software products as necessary.
- Design solutions and effectively communicate software development plans to senior management.
- Analyze existing products and provide recommendations and implementation plans for improving existing software designs. * Proactively interact with customers/service providers to expedite problem solving.
- Document architecture/designs using UML tools and create accurate software release notes.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them understand and contribute to software development efforts.
Click the below link or copy/paste in your browser to view the ENSCO Rail Careers & Culture Handbook:
Qualifications Required (Skills)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of software design experience with real-time data acquisition, analysis and presentation
- Software product Architecture development experience.
- Ability to develop real-time and offline, multi-threaded, multi-process, object oriented and data pipeline software applications in C++.
- Proven track record of the ability to lead product research, design, coding, troubleshooting and debug functions.
- Socket level programming experience.
- Experience with source code and version repository
- Working knowledge of computer hardware.
- Proven track record of leading small teams.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to climb a ladder to gain access to railway cars.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Wearing safety equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest and protective eye glasses) when working on railroad properties is also a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety equipment.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
Experience in one or more of the following areas;
- MySQL database experience.
- GIT/SVN/CVS and JIRA experience.
- Experience developing micro-services.
- Experience using the QT cross-platform UI and software application development framework.
- Visual Studio and Eclipse IDE Experience.
- Exposure to multiple application software languages, e.g., C#.net, Python C+
- Experience developing software applications in a Windows and UNIX/LINUX environment
- Railway experience
Internal Position Title
Sr. Software Engineer
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 5 yrs related exp
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
Contract Award Contingency
ENSCO’s ATE Division is recognized globally as a leading provider of railway infrastructure inspection technology. Our products and services are provided to governments and railways in more than 12 countries on five continents. ENSCO work helps prevent train derailments and has a significant impact on the protection of human life, the environment and the economy.
Our team of more than 145 staff supports leading-edge technology projects in many exciting areas:
- Sensor systems integration: inertial, positioning (GPS/RFID), laser scanners, imaging (line scan, area scan, thermal), ultrasonic, ground penetrating radar, LIDAR
- Autonomous deployment of sensors, positioning systems and wireless communications on active rail cars to inspect railways
- Machine vision algorithm development to detect conditions traditionally inspected by humans
- Enterprise web-based data management systems to display, report and conduct big data analytics
ENSCO’s ATE Division is an exciting place to work and grow with many key benefits for technical staff, including:
- “Innovation Fridays:” Staff is given time to create and experiment with new processes, best practices, and technologies in their field.
- Involvement in all levels of the design and development process: Significant experience is gained that is not always available at larger companies that typically reserve serious engineering tasks for more seasoned staff.
- Direct exposure to customer management, financial management and business development.
Working in ENSCO’s Rail Division provides a means to acquire a wide range of practical skills and experience in a short period of time, work on exciting and ground-breaking technology projects that impact transportation safety and offers domestic and international travel opportunities if desired.
ENSCO provides a stimulating, collaborative, multi-discipline environment with coworkers from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds working together to make the world a safer place. Come join a stable and growing company and experience the reward of seeing the results of your work make a real impact on solving some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Senior Software Engineer | ENSCO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program