At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Communications Services (server side) software development team in Austin. The team is responsible for the development of services for Lifesize Cloud that perform call signaling/routing, firewall traversal, multimedia processing, and inter-op with standards compliant devices.
- Help build our new software services to replace monolithic components of existing architecture and greatly scale our capacity.
- Translate new product requirements to technology choices, architecture, design and server-side implementation needed to provide the solution.
- Working with developers, designers, testers, and product managers in a collaborative agile environment to deliver product enhancements on an ongoing basis to live deployment.
- Solving high priority customer issues and getting the fixes deployed within a quick turnaround time.
- 5+ years work experience, with 3+ years developing server-side applications on Linux.
- 2+ years experience with VoIP protocols such as H.323 / SIP.
- 2+ years programming experience with Python.
- 1+ years developing and deploying low-latency, scalable, and highly available applications.
- Have worked on development of a VoIP cloud service or server product that was deployed in the field.
- Have hands-on experience developing applications using Python. Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python is a plus.
- Have good understanding of VoIP session setup and teardown using SIP and/or H.323.
- Have strong knowledge of cloud architectures.
- Have experience developing services deployed on AWS that utilize one or more of the following: DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Redis.
- Document design and implementation details and be comfortable explaining them to other engineers.
- Write readable code with unit test coverage.
- Work with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and familiarity with test tools including network analyzers & load injectors.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to any non-technical co-workers.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent real-world experience.
- WebRTC signaling support on server products
- Inter-operability with Microsoft Skype for Business
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.