Genturi Inc is an early stage genomics technology company based in greater Boston that is developing a high-resolution optical mapping platform for discovering and understanding genomic structural variation. Genturi is well funded by a leading group of biotechnology venture capital investors.
Senior Software Engineers are key players on a small team developing the embedded software for the Genturi instrument. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing fast, data-intensive software. The software in the Genturi mapping system includes sample/experiment tracking, instrument control, signal processing and integration with bioinformatics data processing pipelines. This is an outstanding opportunity to participate in the development of novel technology in a start-up environment. The compensation package includes early stage equity, competitive salary, annual bonus and health benefits.
- Development and testing high-performance, high-quality software
- Documenting architecture and detailed design
- Collaborate with instrument engineers, assay scientists, microfluidics scientists, manufacturing, field service and operations personnel
Experience and Qualifications
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related Engineering discipline
- At least five years of experience
- Experience with life science and/or medical instrumentation systems desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment where code is reviewed and improved by the whole team
- Expertise in multiple software languages which may include C++, Python, Java, PERL, Scala
- Proficiency with source control
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiarity with AWS desirable
- Experience handling large datasets desirable
Send your CV / resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.