STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Software Engineers (Level 3) in Dallas, Texas.
- The senior embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) Software Development Team.
- Responsible for leading technical activities and completion of these activities on time and budget.
- Develop embedded software and PC tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Determine hardware compatibility.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Ability to lead a technical project independently.
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 3+ years of real time embedded SW design experience
- Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system
- Experience with embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc.) preferably on Linux
- Solid understanding of multi-threading/multi-processing; concepts and implementations
- Strong development experience in C or C++ (3+ years)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
- Motivated, self-starter individual
- Experience in initial hardware start-up and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capable of integrating hardware and software and developing test plans and procedures
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Experience with modern software development processes, including software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, peer review, and agile development life cycles.
- Supports and participates in technical activity
- Designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Supports the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Software Developer / Engineer