Currently, RG is looking to hire a Senior Software Specialist / Technical System Integrator to support our client, Avaya, and their U.S. Government customer. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission of supporting and maintaining their Unified Communications systems and applications.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for working with a team onsite to support the customer during regular work days. There is occasional overtime required to support the customer missions. The candidate will be responsible for the system, network and trunking translations and customer directed tasks on their Avaya solutions. Product and system support is required for Avaya Aura® Session Manager & System Manager, Communication Manager, Avaya Aura® Messaging, Equinox, Avaya Aura® Contact Center, Avaya Aura® Experience Portal, Avaya Session Border Controllers for Enterprise, Calabrio One, eCAS, Biscom Fax servers, AudioCodes Mediant 3000 and Avaya G450 Media Gateways. Some tasks include the following:
- Function as an extended staff member.
- Gather customer or business unit requirements.
- Included but not limited to system, network, trunking, special features or application requirements, etc.
- Review, analyze and report on ARS construct.
- Evaluate SNT to with recommendations to improve call handling, vendor circuit changes and station identification information.
- Act on requests for changes to logical network connections within the Avaya voice solutions, ACM, ASM and SMGR.
- Evaluate translations in voice solution; assist in testing functionality in labs, and provide the customer POC and other service work as requested within associates’ skill sets.
- As directed by the customer contact, deliver phone system communications to end users.
- As directed by the customer contact, communicate to individual site owners’ project activities, timelines, and expected solution provisioning; communicate to customer contact difficulties and successes in making project timeline critical points.
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be able to impact the client’s service reliability and quality of service delivery to nationwide customers.
The Senior Software Specialist / Technical System Integratoris a non-exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 5 years of experience in Avaya Communications SS/TSI implementation and support service
- Proven proficiency in implementing and maintaining Avaya VoIP solutions with Aura Communications Manager, Aura Session Manager and System Manager plus additional adjuncts and applications
- Top Secret Security Clearance at time of hire
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field
- Intermediate or above knowledge and proficiencies in trouble resolution of components, applications, and adjuncts in the solution, including: Communication Manager (CM), Session Manager (SM), System Manager (SMGR), Avaya Aura Messaging (AAM), Experience Voice Portal, Calabrio, M3K Audiocodes, Equinox, Avaya Application Enablement Services (AES), Session Border Controller (SBC), Avaya Notification Services (ANS), Avaya Aura Agent Desktop (AAAD), Avaya Aura Contact Center (AACC), Media Gateways (MG450), Avaya Media Server (AMS), eCAS (Call Accounting), Redsky (E911 service), Avaya Utility Servers (AUS)
- Avaya Certifications
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.