Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT,LLC) is a global datacenter solution provider. We combine the efficiency of hyperscale hardware with infrastructure software from a diversity of industry leaders to solve next-generation datacenter design and operation challenges.
QCT, LLC serves cloud service providers, telecoms and enterprises running public, hybrid and private clouds. Product lines include hyper-converged and software-defined datacenter solutions as well as servers, storage, switches, integrated racks with a diverse ecosystem of hardware component and software partners. QCT designs, manufactures, integrates and services cutting edge offerings via its own global network.
The parent of QCT, LLC is Quanta Computer, Inc., a Fortune Global 500 corporation.
A position at QCT in the San Jose office is available for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Solution Architect to contribute to the solution development, support & validation of QCT telco solution. This role provides an extremely great opportunity to take the challenge and develop your skills. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware and software technology in the QCT Telco Solution Center.
- The primary responsibilities include a mix of overseeing industry trends, collaborating with key ISVs, planning telco solution, implementing new telco related features, assisting customers and partners in resolving problems they are facing while instantiating telco solutions - Assert technical influence and leadership in the telco solutions development ecosystem.
- The secondary responsibilities may also include but are not limited to, conducting on-site deployments and providing training to both internal partners & external customers, as well as providing technical support at QCT sponsored pre-sales and marketing events globally.
- Participate in the definition of QCT telco solutions roadmap: Offer technical consultancy to potential customers during the pre-sale cycle - Engage with customers on the solution deployment projects as needed.
- Develop telco solution reference architecture, particularly focused on management and orchestration of VNF (Virtual Network Functions) in the NFV environment - Design and develop end-to-end 5G network architecture and test environment.
- Evaluate SI/VAR/ISV partners and consult them on the design and validation of end-to-end telco solution architecture.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the engineers on the optimization of telco solutions - Provide public speeches at technical forums, representing QCT.
- Master’s or PhD degree in EE (Electrical/Electronic Engineering), CS (Computer Science), CE (Communication Engineering) or related fields.
- 12+ years (for Masters) or 10+ years (for PhD) of working experience in data communication or telecommunication area is highly desirable.
Working Experience & Technology Skills:
- Familiar with data networking (switch/router/gateway) architecture, inter-networking protocols on control/data planes and system programming issues such as IPC, multithreading & messaging, etc…
- Proficient with at least a couple of open source software development and virtualization related technologies, such as KVM, OpenStack, VMware, private/public/hybrid cloud data centers infrastructure, open-sourced SDN Controller, NFV, NFVi optimization, VNF development & on-boarding, networking system automation and orchestration, etc…
- Prior hands-on experience working on open source development environment is highly desired.
- A recognized subject matter expert and thought leader in the telco industry are strongly preferred.
Soft Skills & Personality Characters:
- Self-driven with strong leadership (influencing) skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Team-oriented mindset that flourishes in a highly collaborative environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to solve uncommon (i.e. not well defined) problems - Sticking with fundamental disciplining under the less than well-defined context while maintaining adaptability and agility.
- Superb priority and time management skills - Strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery.
- Ability to work with partners and customers across diversified cultures located in different time zones.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee or will be encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, or reach. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- QCT offers a competitive benefits package including various insurances, 401(k), FSA, paid holidays and vacations.