At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Work directly with Red Hat's customers to understand their infrastructure, application, and business needs and then present them with the most appropriate solutions. The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join their Red Hat OpenShift team in Sunnyvale, CA. In this role, you will assist in delivering workshops, conduct live demonstrations of Red Hat Cloud solutions, deliver proofs of concepts and educate customers on their capabilities, as well as help with the design and development of larger, multi-product solutions. You’ll need to be knowledgeable in this domain with recent, practical coding and architecture experience and excellent customer-facing skills.
Primary job responsibilities
- Be part of the Red Hat Sales team, providing technical credibility to our customers; master Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and support technologies to assist in the sales of our offerings
- Identify the appropriate open source and partner technologies to solve problems of our customers
- Scope, design, develop, and present proofs of concept for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and supporting technologies
- Conduct deep dive sessions and workshops to coach customers using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and supporting technologies
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering teams on the direction of our offerings and customer applicability of features
- Assist sales teams in answering technical questions, possibly in the form of requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs)
- Form relationships with the technical associates of our customers to identify new opportunities
- Contribute to the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform solutions through documentation like wikis, quick-start guides, and whitepapers, as well as demos, bug fixes, enhancements, etc.
- Practical experience with Linux container and container clustering technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Rocket, and the Open Container Initiative (OCI) project
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise application architecture; development skills
- Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) experience using Red Hat OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Docker EE, Mesosphere, or IBM Bluemix
- Deep understanding of multi-tiered architectures and microservices; ability to stay up-to-date on current application architectures and frameworks
- Ability to engage in detailed conversations and shape customer decisions in architecture discussions
- Practical experience with Java development technologies like Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm, or JEE (Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, WildFly, Oracle WebLogic, or IBM WebSphere) is a plus
- Familiarity with Java development frameworks like Spring, Netflix OSS, Eclipse Vert.x, or Play and other technologies like Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Go, or .NET development
- Practical experience with application build automation tools like Apache Maven, Jenkins, and Git
- Ability to present to a mix of technical and non-technical audiences
- Motivated with proven experience learning new technologies; ability to help others, especially those unfamiliar with Red Hat's solutions
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.