Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Communications, the Senior Intranet and Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for driving engagement, conversation and strategic communication within the Clarivate colleague community – primarily through digital channels such as the intranet and email management platforms. As the manager of these two communications tools, you work in partnership with technology and business teams to ensure they exceed performance and adoption expectations.
As the Senior Specialist, Intranet and Internal Communications, you are a collaborative and engaging colleague who isn’t afraid to dive in, get your hands dirty and make a difference. While every day is different and you are able to adjust direction quickly, your view is on achieving the long-term goals – and measuring your impact and success along the way. You have a flair for great communication, you love social media and can write great copy, you are a bit of a techie with a passion for building lively conversations and engaged communities.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage the company’s new intranet platform switch over and the change management program around it to ensure colleagues are onboarded and engaged.
- Cultivate the company intranet platform (the Lens) into a vibrant and trusted communications platform.
- Develop and execute an intranet strategy that is designed to advance the company’s strategy while driving platform engagement rates that exceed industry benchmarks (and expectations).
- Be the face of the Lens in the company, working with technology, security, app owners (i.e., Workday, MyLearning, Travel, etc.) and other key stakeholders to build and deliver a roadmap that delivers performance improvements, systems security, feature/functionality enhancements and improved engagement performance
- Build a great relationship with the intranet platform vendor to ensure a continuous level of support and keep on top of their product roadmap to ensure that we continue to innovate.
- Build a reporting framework that measures key performance metrics around reach and engagement and adjust the communications strategy based on data analysis.
- Develop an intranet editorial and site plan that ensures that key company messages and strategies break through the noise to reach and resonate with target audiences.
- Own adoption of the internal email management tool, Poppulo, by training colleagues, running campaigns and measuring the results.
- Build intranet community management, providing support and guidance to colleagues and group owners on how to effectively use the Lens.
Background and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with intranet platforms and channels for corporate communications, preferably in a global organization.
- Hands on experience with the development, management or maintenance of community websites or social intranets.
- The ability to write compelling and persuasive copy with a journalistic eye for detail.
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Tenacious yet diplomatic with a determination to deliver results.
- Cultural awareness/sensitivity and the proven ability to work seamlessly in a complex, global, matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, PR or marketing preferred.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.