Does the prospect of being in a strategic procurement role at one of our largest global sites interest you? The position is responsible to enable quality materials and services to be sourced and provided with Industry leading efficiency and cycle times. In this role, you will be responsible for leading assigned tasks associated with the Strategic Procurement of assigned commodities as well as performing and managing Commodity team activities with the assigned share of approximately $600M to $1000M of Materials and Services, specifically through
- Needs and Data Identification,
- Market Intelligence, Strategy Development and deployment, as well as Strategy Councils
- Project Management, close collaboration with stakeholders, Negotiation strategies and execution
- Implementation and Supplier Relationship Management as well as
- Joint Supplier, Procurement and Business Process Improvement within the assigned Group of businesses.
- Participates on Global, Regional and North American cross functional teams when requested to coordinate the strategic demands, needs and requirements of the business for materials, services, and outsourcing
- Develops and agrees with customers on specific performance commitments. Ensures metrics are put in place to evaluate and drive strategic supplier and commodity specific performance goals
- Uses intimate knowledge of the market, business and commodity management to advise the businesses of Procurement strategies and gain buy-in for Commodity Management and team formation and sponsorship
- Coordinates with the Procurement leadership, Procurement Operations, Business entities to ensure new Supplier Development and new Product Development activities are properly addressed to enable maximum leverage of Alcoa's relationships
- Performs and may manage, when appropriate, day-to-day data collection, implementation, supplier improvement and process improvement within Alcoa and across the interface between Alcoa and its suppliers in order to achieve effective competitive supply chains
- Supports creation of Transactional Center-Ready work, through process improvements
- Facilitates Category Analysis (internal and external) in support of CM processes
- Performs and Manages Sourcing and Negotiations, Implementation of Agreements and Integration of Key suppliers, Performance Monitoring plus Ongoing Supplier and Contract Management for General and/ or BU specific Commodity Management
- Improves processes and leverage technology to reduce costs; identify and implement best practices; measure performance Provides direction and prioritization to Re-Engineering team efforts.
- Supports SOX/ASAT audit activity and complies with requirements
- Directs, when appropriate the preparation of contract bid packages, request for proposals and the writing, bidding and execution of local and regional service and materials contracts as and when required
- Performs analysis to understand and manage services costs (for specific contractors) and assures adherence to company policy in contracting for services.
- Compiles and analyzes metrics, as needed by the team.
- 4-year degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Procurement experience
- Preferred location is Newburgh, IN but could be based at another Alcoa site
- Minimum travel required: 0-25%
Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer