UHY is currently seeking an Audit Accountant with 2-3 years of public accounting experience to join our team in Albany, NY.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to get on the fast track to becoming a Senior. We are looking to find a highly motivated professional with excellent communication skills.
In turn, we offer our staff a chance to work with a broad range of clients across a variety of business types.
Are you ready to take control of your career path?
Those at the Senior Staff level have built a fundamental knowledge base of technical skills and are continually expanding this knowledge to more advanced skills. Additionally, Senior Staff are continually taking on greater responsibilities as they should be developing the skills necessary to take on the Senior role – in essence, they can be considered “seniors-in-training.” Senior Staff should be able to perform tasks with little supervision. They have a solid understanding of our Firm’s practices (within their specified discipline), policies, and culture. They are available to assist Seniors in mentoring entry level staff, interns and paraprofessionals.
- Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates mastery of basic technical skills, as well as related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and perform more complex skills and projects on a continual basis
- Makes well-thought-out decisions and considers all facts prior to making final conclusions
- Asks appropriate questions and requests supervision when in need of assistance
- Follow regulations and professional ethics of the standards bodies appropriate to discipline, including AICPA
- Keep current on all professional pronouncements
- Develop proficiency in use of all technology necessary to performance execution
- Understands basics of client systems environment in context of any client project
- Maintains designated chargeable hours for the year
- Ensures quality control procedures are being executed under direction of engagement management
- Maintains positive client relationships
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests
- Works accurately, efficiently, and with organization and detail-orientation
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assists new associates in prioritizing and managing their workload
- Appropriately communicates to engagement supervisor difficult situations encountered on engagements
- Perform thorough self-review of all work prior to submission to supervisor
- Continues to build knowledge base of the Firm’s service offerings, expanding scope outside of local office
- Solicits internal experts from which to learn and builds relationships
- Positively represents and actively promotes the Firm
- Seeks opportunities to participate in mentoring, recruiting, retention and team-building activities
- Serves as a role model for staff, interns and paraprofessionals and may coach them on Firm policies and procedures.
- Conducts oneself professionally and shows respect to others at all times; maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity
- Develops and establishes rapport with fellow employees
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit amongst staff
- Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
Experience and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or 150 credits completed
- 1-2 years in relevant position
- Public accounting or other professional services environment preferred
License / Certification
- Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam, or relevant certification for respective discipline as soon as possible, if certification is not already attained.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually
Legal / Compliance
- Must complete acknowledgement of Corporate Policy and Compliance Manual
- Must complete acknowledgement of Employee Manual document
- Must complete acknowledgement of Independence Guidelines and Ethical Standards document
- Governmental engagements require ability to obtain a security clearance from the United States government