- Senior Staff Accountant JobID: 8023
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Quigley Center, AOC
- Additional Information:
The Archdiocese of Chicago is the third largest diocese in the United States and serves more than 2.2 million Catholics in The Archdiocese, pastored by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, has more than 15,000 employees across its ministries, including Catholic Charities, the region’s largest nonprofit social service agency. The Archdiocese also has one of the country’s largest seminaries. The Archdiocese’s elementary and secondary schools comprise one of the largest U.S. private school systems.
- Participate in the implementation of transformational initiatives to streamline and automate the Accounting and Reporting operations.
- Support the operation and control of stable sustainable end-to-end processes.
- As part of the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Finance team, ensure timely, accurate financial statements, and ensure internal controls are effectively implemented.
- Work with Finance management to establish and achieve individual / team goals.
- Perform accounting, periodic close activities.
- Support the operation and control of stable sustainable end-to-end processes (e.g. record-to-report, revenue-to-cash) including accounting compliance, process governance, internal controls, and systems.
- Work with AoC Accounting team to consolidate financial data in an efficient manner including but not limited to:
- Fixed Assets / Capital Projects
- Affiliated entities, parishes, and schools
- 3+ years of experience in accounting.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance / Accounting or Business.
- CPA is desirable.
- General Accounting or auditing experience, with good business acumen and analysis capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to set priorities in a complex environment while meeting priority goals and objectives.
- Strong proficiency with Excel. Major financial systems experience is desirable. Microsoft Office suite; Lawson G / L or comparable, Hyperion / One Stream.
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethics in all operations and responsibilities.
- Affinity for mission-driven, not-for-profit organizations and a commitment to serving. Must demonstrate understanding, respect and support for the Catholic Church teaching, mission and values.
- Position Type: