Yesway is seeking a full-time Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! Yesway, soon to be headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, owns and operates 415 convenience stores located in Iowa, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming, including the 304-store Allsup’s Convenience Stores chain, with plans to expand its portfolio to over 500 stores in selected regions of the United States over the next several years. Yesway’s promise is to make its customers’ lives easier, their day a little bit more pleasant and give them a terrific shopping experience. In addition to competitively priced gasoline, Yesway stores offer terrific customer service, quality product selection, expanded food service and clean and well-lit facilities. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Yesway!
The Senior Staff Accountant position requires a high–energy, results-oriented person with great attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The individual will report to the Assistant Controller and will work closely with senior management and other departments including Accounting, Legal, Construction and Operations.
The Senior Staff Accountant will:
- Assist with the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close;
- Process month end general ledger entries including recurring, prepaid expenses and accruals;
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies;
- Manage Fixed Assets. Reconcile general ledger accounts, perform month end depreciation, and capital spend analysis;
- Perform quarterly balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis;
- Assist with external audits;
- Interface with management in various departments;
- Perform internal audit functions to review and analyze spend; and
- Complete ad hoc projects and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Four years of minimum experience in public accounting or similar position;
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures; and
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Deadline oriented with attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects;
- Team player but ability to work well independently; and
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.