Work for a Chicago Top Workplace!
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illness. JourneyCare serves 13 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. The agency also provides services that include JourneyCare House Calls, Chronic Care Management, JourneyCare Choices and Home Health - serving patients at all stages of serious illness. JourneyCare is dedicated to enriching lives through expert, compassionate care and empowering patients and families to live with dignity, on their own terms. We are more than just a career choice - be part of a culture where you can make a difference.
The Senior Staff Accountant under the supervision of the Accounting Manager helps with daily accounting operations to include (a) the production of monthly financial statements and reports, (b) maintenance of an adequate accounting information system including general ledger functions, accounts payable functions, asset accounting and financial reporting, and (c) a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and (d) ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or relevant work experience
- 3 years’ experience in not-for profit/health care accounting management preferably in hospice care operations.
- Information systems experience and knowledge
- Advanced level experience with spreadsheet and word processing
- Accounting software package experience
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, auditing standards and best practices
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to think creatively and develop recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- Ability to work effectively with Management, auditors and examiners, consultants, staff, volunteers, patients and families and the general public
- Ability to be flexible and effectively manage priorities and multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality which includes, but is not limited to, information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors and agency processes
- Ability to communicate in an active office environment
- CPA preferred
Visit our careers website to apply for this position, read about our comprehensive benefits and learn about what it’s like to work at JourneyCare. Our team members make a difference! https://www.journeycare.org/careers