One of San Diego’s Premier Commercial Real Estate companies is looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant to their team. This is without a doubt one of the top companies to work for in San Diego. We are looking for a sharp candidate with 2+ years’ experience coming ideally from a mid-sized to larger public accounting firm. OR, someone coming with experience in accounting at a commercial real estate company.
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please apply.
Compensation: $70,000 - $75,000 (plus exceptional benefits and additional bonus/comp plan)
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Complete month-end close procedures and accurately reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts to meet company’s reporting deadline.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, income and expense accruals, and US/UK GAAP adjustments, such as straight-line rent.
- Reconcile and record monthly mortgage payments, lockboxes and reserves.
- Review and adjust prepaid rents and other receivable accounts.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist with quarterly UK financial reports and supporting schedules for UK Board meetings.
- Assist with annual UK financial statements and disclosures for UK statutory audits.
- Prepare budget vs. actual, actual vs. actual financial variance schedules. Provide explanation of significant fluctuations. Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Review property invoice coding for accuracy for the assigned portfolios.
- Work with AP team and other departments to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Review coding on international wires.
- Assist in audits and analysis of property-level financials, as wells as walk through of internal controls.
- Document accounting procedures and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Real estate industry experience is preferred.
- International accounting experience is preferable.
- Clear understanding of GAAP and lease accounting.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with third parties, especially international contacts.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Discretionary Bonus, Company Stock