Senior Staff Accountant
JCC of San Francisco
3200 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118
The Senior Staff Accountant uses critical thinking, initiative and solid accounting skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines. This position focuses on contributed revenue and fundraising activities (Endowments, Investments, Donor Restrictions) and partners with the Development team to ensure goals and deadlines are met. General Accounting duties include, but not limited to, financial statement preparation and variance analysis, government and tax filings, audit schedules, bank account and investment reconciliation and cash flow and accounts receivables.
In addition to general accounting duties, the JCCSF has moved to Salesforce and implementing new accounting procedures and this role is key in change management and policy, process and procedure improvement. The Senior Staff Accountant will use and create Salesforce reports and dashboards to promote a continuous accounting model and produce real-time, accurate and actional data.
The Senior Staff Accountant is a partner to all Department Managers and Directors in understanding and analyzing data and building reports. The Senior Staff
Accountant also supports cross-departmental training and system development for accounting policy and procedure changes.
- General Ledger account reconciliation and financial statement variance reporting
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Build reports and dashboards to track and analyze results
- Account Receivable monitoring, billing and support
- Revenue analysis and tracking of temporarily restricted grants
- Track and release gifts with donor restrictions
- Coding of all donations and other payments
- Reconciliation of individual donations to Salesforce/NPSP
- Work with Development Team to reconcile and update gift reporting
- Financial reporting for grant applications
- Bank and Investment Account reconciliations
- Allocation of contributed support and expense allocation across program areas
- Tracking & analysis of fixed assets and depreciation
- Property tax & welfare exemption filing
- 990 and 199 Tax Returns
- Survey and census reports
- Audit preparation & participation
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Nonprofit and contributed revenue/fund accounting experience and process
- Experience with audit schedule preparation and new nonprofit reporting standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Experience with CRM Software (Salesforce Platform)
- Attention to detail, problem-solver, analytical, and organized
- Strong communications both written and verbal
STATUS: Benefited, exempt position
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor/office environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Extended periods of working at a desk and on a computer.Agency Information:
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio) and welcomes more than 4,500 visitors through its doors daily.