MaxLinear is seeking a Senior Staff Semiconductor Device Engineer to join our Carlsbad, CA (North San Diego County) design center and corporate headquarters team.
- Research and development in semiconductor device (CMOS, SiGe BiCMOS, III-V FET/HBT) engineering
- Foundry process technology review and process design kit (PDK) analysis
- Device characterization (DC to microwave frequency) including analysis on device variability (due to process variation & aging), layout dependent effects, sensitivity to parasitics, noise, and linearity
- SPICE model and design tool development for analog, RF, mixed-signal, and digital circuit design
- Electromagnetic & thermal analysis and model parameter extraction for active/passive devices, interconnects, and substrate
- Test structure design and measurements for PDK development and qualification
- Contribute to IC design review and IC verification/de-bug process
- Work with foundry technology teams for process technology development & review, process variability and device reliability review, and PDK development
- Good understanding & knowledge on semiconductor device physics, electromagnetic theory, circuit design, and semiconductor process technology
- Experience in device modeling, SPICE simulation, high-frequency (RF/MW) measurements and/or electromagnetic simulation is a strong plus
- Experience in semiconductor device design & characterization, and/or process integration (CMOS, BiCMOS or III-V) is a strong plus
- Strong data analytics skills and programming skills in scripting languages are highly preferred
- D. or MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related and 3 years of industrial experience in semiconductor device engineering
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.