Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77354BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a great opportunity for a talented Senior Structures Engineer to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
The Senior Structures Engineer will work with the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), partners, mating modules and system design disciplines in execution of structures tasks supporting mature and development commercial engine LPC. You will work as part of an Integrated Product Team and will be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
In this position you will:
- Perform a wide range of structures analyses in support of commercial aircraft gas turbine engine programs through preliminary/detailed design, development, validation, certification, manufacturing, and operational service.
- Apply state-of-the-art finite element based methods to the analysis and design of engine components and assemblies for rotating and stationary structures.
- Provide technical direction based on structural evaluations that may involve consideration of strength, buckling, deflections, vibrations, fatigue life, damage tolerance and/or any other appropriate criteria.
- Prescribe instrumentation requirements for structural and engine tests, monitor and troubleshoot test execution, prepare assessments of results including correlation to analytical and/or numerical calculations.
- Provide production or field problems support and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials to internal management and to airframe or government customers/regulators in formal design reviews and other settings.
- Work with Outsourcing vendors to ensure work is completed, reviewed and approved by structures associates with appropriate proficiency level.
- Collaborate with others to advance technology and improve engineering processes and methods.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ Years in structures analysis
- US Citizenship required due to program requirements
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Analytical skills
- Proficiency in finite element modeling and analysis of geometrically complex components and assemblies.
- Specific knowledge in rotating or static engine structures preferred
- Experience in Ansys, Unigraphics/NX, and Teamcenter is helpful.
- Broad understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to work across functions, organizations and all levels of management.
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion.
- The ability to craft clear communication and develop meaningful relationships
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.