Title: Senior, Structures Engineer
Location: Robins Airforce Base
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Government and define and maintain technical processes, identify technical requirements, and support structural development to meet user needs in the areas of the primary aircraft structure, non-primary aircraft structure, and airworthiness compliance.
- Apply systems engineering processes related to system requirements, structural modifications, metric and requirements development and traceability, functional and physical allocations, program protection elements, entry and exit criteria development for technical reviews, configuration audits, logical analysis, design solution and implementation, interface and interoperability integration, and test verification and validation.
- Provide support for program reviews and studies, document performance requirements, and support structural modifications for system level integration.
- Provide support for structural aspects of the airborne weapon system to ensure the application of the following: systems integration; interface management; test; reliability and maintainability; accreditation and certification; technology transfer; manufacturing readiness; and Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health (ESOH) processes are IAW DoDI 6055.05 and AFI 48-145 policies and standards, and airworthiness compliance.
- Provide knowledge, guidance, and production of artifacts to support Systems Integration; OSS&E; Airworthiness Certification, per the latest version of MIL-HDBK-516; Safety, per Mil-Std-882; and Life Cycle Systems Engineering, per AFI 63-1201.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a professional engineering discipline from an ABET accredited educational program and a minimum twenty (20) years of mechanical/structural engineering experience in the specialty task area for DoD aircraft weapon systems or Master’s Degree in a professional engineering discipline and a minimum ten (10) years of mechanical/structural engineering experience in the specialty task area for DoD aircraft weapon systems.
- Secret clearance required
- Experience supporting Aircraft Structural Integrity Programs (ASIP) for fighter aircraft weapon system platforms. (1 of the 2 positions requires ASIP)
- Capable of working on high-visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and shall be able to independently perform the most complicated and technical support tasks relevant to all the tasks identified in the assigned functional discipline section.
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.