#LifeAtCummins is about POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL .You’ll have global opportunities to develop your career and make your community a better place - to break ground professionally and be your best personally.
This is an exciting opportunity in Stoughton, WI for a Senior Supplier Quality Improvement Engineer.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Selects, develops, manages, and ensures defect-free performance of the business' supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement. Leads processes to drive improvements.
- Resolves supplier quality issues.
- Participates in supplier evaluation, selection, and strategic sourcing process development.
- Responsible for the supplier corrective action process including containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Ensures suppliers use quality tools effectively.
- Works with supplier to ensure all product requirements are met.
- Oversees the supplier quality resources for new product introduction and current products to reduce supplier related issues, improve process capabilities, and ensure timely project launches.
- Responsible for determining if all requirements are met by the supplier for new or changed products.
- Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets.
- Facilitates continuous improvement activities to reduce defects.
- Interact with global systems to collect and convert supplier performance data into monthly reports and ensure reports are accurate and published on time
Track and update the QMSstatus of assigned suppliers
Lead 2ndparty supplier audits
Lead proactive supplier quality projects
Responsible for the execution of the supplier development process
Skills, Qualifications and ExperienceAction oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
Statistical Foundations - Applies foundational statistical concepts required to run appropriate statistical tests and ensure the quality of data and correctness of the conclusions by using standard practices, choosing the right sample size, confidence level, level of significance, type of test; applies knowledge of statistics in cleansing or modeling such as outlier detection, survival analysis, time series, rank statistics, imputation, probability distribution fitting among many techniques.
Problem Solving - Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
Advanced Product Quality Planning - Leads the technical quality planning and ensures customer satisfaction through structured and measurable processes as defined by industry standard.
Dimensional Metrology - Applies dimensional measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer and product requirements.
Quality System Management - Guides in the practice and application of quality system standards required by international certification bodies, industry specific regulatory authorities and customer’s contractually specified requirements
Supplier Quality Management - Leads all aspects of supplier quality management; helps develop strategy and collaborative supplier partnerships; identifies supplier innovation capabilities; contributes to supplier audit and certification process; tracks supplier performance metrics and acts to quickly resolve issues to improve supplier quality performance.
Project Issue and Risk Management - Manages the process to identify, assess and prioritize issues and risks using recommended tools and processes to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of negative events or to maximize the realization of positive events.
Education, Licenses, CertificationsCollege, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering or a related technical or scientific subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/