Our client, a global manufacturer of consumer goods, is seeking an experienced Senior Supply Planner to join their winning team in San Jose.
Our candidate of choice will provide essential analysis and guidance to cross-functional teams to support production and supply planning across U.S inventory. The role will work extensively with our Product Managers, Finance, Sales team and Operations to build a strong network of supplies.
- Conduct capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated.
- Understands multi-channel demand signals and develop tactical and long-term supply management plans to fulfill demands.
- Work with vendors and Product Managers to reduce product excess and obsolescence through inventory reviews, requalification, and re-balancing efforts.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports to provide stakeholders with actionable data and insights regarding current and projected supply levels and key risks.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI) for operational excellence to improve supply visibility & accuracy.
- Collaborate with logistics, inventory control, regulatory, and suppliers regarding inventory flow and shipment details, including dates, documents, packaging, freight service level and cost, incoterms, and custom clearance.
- Manage new part set-up, manufacturing module, product forecasts, work orders, and planning attributes.
- Work with overseas Global Supply Chain to review production and shipping schedule.
- Generate weekly and quarterly supply plans that meet corporate financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and/or planning
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, h-lookups)
- Strong analytical abilities, including strong mathematical abilities and extensive spreadsheet analysis
- APICS/ASCM Certification Preferred
- Experience with MRP functionality
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is plus
- Experience managing forecasts within excel
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics such as turns, WOS, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Prior experience in consumer products companies
- Ability to think creatively to find practical solutions to complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mandarin, Chinese is plus
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!