Sherwood Surveying & S.U.E. is seeking a qualified�Sr.�Survey Technician (Party Chief)�at our Spring Branch, Texas location to provide oversight of survey field crew and related surveying responsibilities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees.
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services.
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary.
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey.
- Insure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained.
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment.
- Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of assigned survey field crew.
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Courses in mathematics and surveying.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Party Chief in the land development industry.
- Working knowledge of field design for both overhead and underground utilities is highly desired.
- Knowledge of power line materials is a plus.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain RPLS certification.
- Experience in conducting easement research at courthouses is highly desired.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred.
- Through knowledge of residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Ability to perform all aspects of data collected field fun topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys.
- Thorough knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons.� This position requires both inside and outside work.
- Ability to travel overnight to various parts of Texas and surrounding states.
- Valid driver�s license with a clean driving record required. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Earned vacation time