SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - VIRTUAL INFRASTRUCTURE - Birmingham, AL
Dynamic company seeks a Senior Systems Administrator - Virtual Infrastructure to embark on a successful career at our Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham, AL. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 90,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours.
Working closely with and reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Systems Administrator shares responsibility for the management, monitoring, and maintenance of all Ram Tool Construction Supply Co. server hardware, software, and application infrastructure with a heavy focus on application delivery, server virtualization, developed/customized applications, middleware and shared storage.
In a secondary capacity, the Senior Systems Administrator acts as a mentor to junior Systems / Network Administrators in troubleshooting issues with various hardware, operating systems and application platforms. The Senior Systems Administrator also addresses high-complexity end-user issues and participates in projects as IT / business initiatives necessitate.
The position requires exceptional organizational and communications skills, a high degree of motivation, and the exercise of sound judgement. The incumbent must prioritize multiple issues and projects coming from a variety of sources while seeking supervisory input when appropriate. The ideal holder of this position will have worked in a medium or large enterprise environment, holding primary responsibility for VMWare Infrastructure at multiple locations. Additional relevant experience includes administration of other collaboration solutions, oversight of Active Directory and provisioning of storage on mid-range storage area networks, and general Windows system administration tasks.
Manage, monitor and maintain VMWare ESXi hosts hardware, software, high availability and storage
Manage Windows Server environment; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print servers
Administration of Storage Area Network switches and arrays. Provisioning storage LUNs and managing storage access control lists
Act as a flexible, IT generalist in support of IT and business-driven projects
Stay abreast of IT industry developments to identify technologies or trends that may contribute to organizational/operational efficiency
Document work and assist IT Management with system design documentation and other efforts to guard against interruption of services and/or support
Act as an ambassador to the business organization, ensuring the IT Department is seen as a trusted partner, not only in addressing problems, but bolstering all things that can positively impact customer service
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with technology-related focus or 5 years' experience independently performing complex troubleshooting tasks and designing technology solutions in an enterprise environment
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- High degree of motivation
- Extensive understanding of VMWare vSphere System design and administration
- Advanced understanding of VMWare Power CLI, Operations Manager and Update Manager
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare Storage adaptors, VMFS, ISCSI and networking
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, Windows Server services, Active Directory, general TCP/IP networking topics
- Preferred experience in VMWare Site Recovery Manager
- Thorough knowledge of replication using VMWare Replication and Storage Arrays
- Experience administering storage arrays, including provisioning new storage and array level data protection and access control
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues in a high-volume environment
* Standard Drug screen and Background Checks will be performed.
RAM TOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER