Senior Systems Administrator
$90K – $105K + Bonus (Fulltime)
- As a Senior Network / Systems Administrator for Network Operations / IT this position executes with minimal supervision, following defined procedures, to accomplish the complex elements of technical duties dealing with the entire hardware architecture. The Architecture include servers, switches, network fabric, storage, telephony and computing facilities.
- Operations - Use and troubleshooting of the operations / systems/ applications of the client. This support includes the daily operations of the facilities, applications, systems, storage, networks, resource utilization, performance tuning, queues, logging, and job scheduling, and monitoring of the corporate computing network.
- Security - data and account permissions, physical access, passwords and conducting of periodic audits.
- Configuration - servers, switches, firewalls, operations applications, profiles, batch and interactive jobs, queues, interfaces, peripherals
- Maintenance and Upgrades - hardware, firmware, network, operating systems, and other applications as needed.
- Administrative Procedures - develop, document, maintain procedures for the support of the needs throughout the organization.
- Moves/Adds/Changes - new hires, attrition, change of responsibility in the network or hardware needed by the organization or the individual.
- Training - technical, procedural, transactional, service processes for all hardware architecture.
- Data Assurance - backups, recovery and disaster planning.
- Budget - component and service pricing, purchase requisitions as required by management
- Must carry a cell phone and pager. Participates in 24 x 7 on call support duty, is be able to resolve routine issues and escalate more complex problems to senior team members.
- Adaptability, Analysis, Customer Service Orientation, Documentation, Initiative, Judgment/Decisiveness, Oral Communication, Technical/Professional, Quality Orientation, Work Standards, Written Communication.
- Microsoft Certifications with Operating Systems
- Network Design and management Proficiency (CCNA, or equivalent experience)
- Security Network experience
- Microsoft domain administration
- Microsoft Server administration
- MSCE (desirable)
- SCCM experience (Desirable)
- 6 – 10 years' experience as an Systems / Network Administrator with 5 years in support of a database system software.
- Experienced with monthly and yearly systems maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or at least 4 years of relative experience in a business system support role.