Nearly 7.5 million customers in 18 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The company is committed to sustainable, reliable, affordable, and safe energy and is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy with about $100 billion of assets providing electric generation, transmission and distribution, as well as natural gas storage, transmission, distribution, and import/export services.
As one of the nation's leading solar operators, the company intends to reduce its carbon intensity 60 percent by 2030. Through its Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, as well as EnergyShare and other programs, Dominion Energy contributed more than $30 million in 2018 to community causes throughout its footprint and beyond. Please visit www.DominionEnergy.com, to learn more.
Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent. An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity.
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
The individual in this position will provide technical support for the Fixed Asset Accounting, Retirement Obligations, Tax, and Provisioning software, as well as assist with support within the team’s portfolio across a wide variety of applications and technologies. The selected candidate must be well versed in all phases of applications systems analysis.
Day to day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the followin
- Conducts system design and business information flow studies
- Recommends appropriate computer platforms, workstations and communication protocols required to support specific related business processes and information flow
- Develops technical specifications, system use cases, and wireframes. Conducts unit, system, and integration testing
- Support of applications and infrastructure in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Responsible for working in multi-platform server environments on multi-project assignments.
- Maintains and manages defects list, remediation, and testing
- Responsible for fully implementing all technical SOX controls, develop and maintain required documentation and evidence, lead technical response to application audits.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 5+ years experience in developing conceptual and detail design for application software, technical analysis/documentation, development of use cases/scenarios, and application testing is required
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with the following technologies: Windows/IIS servers, Citrix, WebLogic, Oracle and SQL Server databases, MS Access, RedHat Linux, FTP/SFTP, XML, HTML, Web services, Distributed Computing, Active Directory
- Proficient in developing technical specifications from business requirements
- Proficient in supporting batch data loads and application interfaces
- Proficient in IT Change management and IT Configuration management
- Ability to provide second and third level application support/troubleshooting
- Experience supporting both capital projects as well as maintenance efforts
- Prior success working with third party vendor support centers
- Advanced adherence to formal testing techniques/methodology, consistently delivering quality work product/deliverables; adherence to formal Change Management and Risk Management policies
- Experience supporting firewall protected applications
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience providing technical support for SOX applications
- Experience working with Fixed Asset Accounting, Retirement Obligations, Tax, and/or Provisioning software
Degree or combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelors
Disciplines: Preferred: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.