Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Governments partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring todays U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, VA. For sixty years, DARPA has held to a singular and enduring mission: to make pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide support to the Tactical Technology Office (TTO) in Arlington, VA. The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of a team that supports the development of an advanced technology program at DARPA. The Systems Engineer will provide a range of support, within their area of expertise and experience, to the Government Program Manager in developing and implementing an ongoing Science and Technology (S&T) program. This position requires insight and experience in a variety of systems engineering, design and implementation, operational readiness preparation, and operations support tasks.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the customer with end-to-end planning, implementation, deployment, and eventual operation of complex systems, to include requirements definition, performance analysis, document preparation and review, and status tracking
- Advising the customer on specification and requirements development, tracking, testing, and reporting
- Reviewing acquisition related documents
- Participating in the development and engineering of design reviews and readiness reviews
- Participating in design reviews, ground testing, flight tests, or simulations
- Participating in post-test analysis activities and review and analysis of test data
- Managing verification efforts for key performance objectives
- Producing and maintaining deficiency tracking database
- Providing system integration analysis
- Preparing briefs and meeting minutes
- Reviewing and providing recommendations for CDRLs and other documents
- Responding to official requests for information and other tasks from Government clients and stakeholders
- Advising Government clients on incoming technical proposals and white papers
- Discussing new ideas for Government programs with researchers
- Tracking the progress of contracted researchers on their Government programs, including independent testing, and eventual technology transition to end users
- Participating in key intra and interagency meetings
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time
- Work will be performed on-site
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a related field, preferably engineering, mathematics or computer science
- 15 years' work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a lead engineering role
- Working knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) research and development and acquisition processes Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment and perform assigned tasks with minimal guidance
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline or field
- Experience as a SETA and/or experience at DARPA
- Experience with programs related to national defense
- Confident preparing and presenting technical and programmatic information to diverse audiences
- Experience developing plans, budgets, and schedules
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.