- This position will primarily support client's North American backup and recovery environments, both on premises and off, for daily operations, troubleshooting, architecture, design, and long-term planning, as well as provide support for data recovery.
- A typical work day would include monitoring and reporting of these environments to find continual improvement opportunities while providing support on projects and customer request items as well as supporting incidents or outages and related countermeasures.
- This is done through reviewing and prioritizing the work backlog, monitoring and adjusting project schedules or open issues or action items, preparing status updates on areas where improvement opportunities have been discovered and require implementation, as well as contact with vendors on work schedules, deliverables, architecture, and break fix items.
- The candidate should be able to manage their time and assignments. Thoroughness in following up on and completing tasks is imperative.
- The candidate will be interacting with the rest of the Information Systems team, receiving instructions and sharing information, but will also be in contact with other Client groups coordinating changes and understanding requirements.
- The candidate must be able to clearly communicate (verbal, written, presentation, meeting) with multiple levels of users in the organization with varying degrees of technical capabilities.
- The candidate must be able to share ideas and concepts with IS management across all levels.
- 5 years supporting enterprise data protection (preferred 4 plus years with Netbackup v8.x and 1 yr with Cohesity v6.x)
- 5 years supporting SAN attached backup and recovery devices (tape drives, libraries, disk pools)
- 5 years supporting and managing remote sites and resources
- 3 years of storage automation experience (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, PHP, Splunk, Cisco Cloudcenter)
- 2 years of supporting backup recovery standards on cloud workloads
- 5 years of experience with various UNIX operating systems required
- 2 years supporting project teams (internal or external) (3 to 5 years preferred, Agile preferred)