Cobhamis seeking a Senior Systems Engineerto specialize in requirements management of diverse systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team and a diverse line of Life Support and Aerial Refueling products for defense and commercial aerospace. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Supports Integrated Product Teams in the inception, design & execution of complex engineering projects over the full life cycle of product development.
- Analyzes and documents multi-disciplinary requirements including, but not limited to, mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
- Maintains requirements artifacts in requirements database, IBM Rational DOORS.
- Identifies, assesses anddocuments requirements for changes and provides communications of those changes.
- Highly effective utilization of IBM Rational DOORS (v 9.6) as a requirements database management tool.
- Coordinates requirements databases with customers and suppliers to ensure synchronization.
- Generates meaningful metrics to ascertain status, stability, maturity and level of compliance of project requirements.
- Performs and/or leads teams in the decomposition, allocation and derivation of requirements and establishes traceability.
- Conducts requirements quality audits and assessments.
- Develops Requirements Verification Matrices and assists in developing verification, validation and qualification plans.
- Leads and/or facilitates Functional Configuration Audits.
- Assists in preparation and execution of System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design. Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Manages requirements baselines, performs change impact analysis, tracks customer and internal requirements changes, and implements changes in the database and appropriate specifications.
- Participates in and makes recommendations in system architectural decisions related to organization of interface requirements, specifications, design descriptions, and concepts of operation.
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering and/or company tools, processes and practices.
- Participates in proposal development: parses statement of work and requirements into standard work breakdown structures and generates estimates for project requirements management function.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions.
- ABET accredited BS Degree in an Engineering field.
- 7+ years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- 3+ years of experience with IBM Rational DOORS.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Desired capability to generate DXL scripts as needed and perform database administration.
- Experience leading / facilitating cross functional meetings.
- Strong demonstrated skills with MS Office skills, particularly MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Experience with FRACA.
- Experience with Creo.
- Articulate and comfortable engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders and the customer.
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Flowmaster, Marc Easy 5 or ADAMS software.
- Experience with component/system performance analysis and testing.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category Engineering
Primary Location US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization Cobham Mission Systems Davenport