Apex Systems has an immediate Senior Systems Engineer opportunity supporting a global communications client in the midtown district of NYC. The Senior Systems Engineer will join a highly collaborative and technical team to support a large, newly awarded, key project. Please see below for specific skill sets and responsibilities. If you, or someone you know may be interested, please forward an updated resume to Brittany Perez at email@example.com
Duration/Compensation: Contract to hire, $110,000-120,000/year (comparable w2 hourly rate initially)
Responsibilities of Senior Systems Engineer:
- Analyze, trace, and ensure adherence to system requirements on all assigned projects through the development and maintenance of the requirements traceability matrix.
- Evaluate, analyze, and document all explicit and implicit system operational concepts through interaction with all stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Ensure system and subsystem design meet the system requirements through development of documentation, participation in design reviews, and constant communication with other functional disciplines on assigned projects.
- Develop a strong understanding of the technical solution within each functional discipline and maintain that understanding as the technical solutions are enhanced and mature.
- Understand and apply industry standards (e.g. CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc.)
- Proven domain knowledge and knowledge of products, systems, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory requirements on assigned projects.
- Perform engineering trade studies on new technologies or new solutions.
- Assist business development with bid and proposal opportunities through development of compliance matrices, technical solution, cost estimation, and proposal documentation.
- Support the Project Engineering Lead contributing to the quality and success of the overall systems and solutions.
Desired Skills of Senior Systems Engineer:
- Experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Experience managing system requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
- System and network architecture and design
- Microsoft operating systems
- Relational databases, such as Oracle
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Software Development Life Cycles
- Systems Engineering V-Model
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and configuration management.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with operation control center, automatic train supervision wayside equipment, signaling, train control, rail systems and/or SCADA systems.
- Background in messaging systems, particularly in mobile communications and control systems.
- Experience in Positive Train Control systems, Automatic Train Controls or predecessor systems.
- Experience in railroad and/or Mass transit operational environment.
Education and Certification Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178