Senior Systems Engineer -
Requisition ID 105134
USA-Utah-Salt Lake City
The Communications Systems Engineer position is responsible for leading the design and architecture from a technical perspective and providing technical leadership on DoD programs. The Communications System Engineer is responsible for the life-cycle support of communications systems from conceptual development through product phase-out, including but not limited to customer briefings, proposal writing efforts, and customer requirements management. This includes technical documentation, project management, design oversight, build and test support, system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
Competencies: The successful candidate will have experience with proposal support, requirements analysis and management, design synthesis, documentation including generation of Statements of Work (SOW) and specifications, project planning, technical project management, subcontract control, and risk management. This person will also be responsible for leading teams of system/design engineers. This candidate will be required to provide requirements management, technical documentation, project management, design oversight, build and test support, prototype demonstrations and system deployment expertise to new pursuits.
- Must have good leadership skills, with the ability to guide the technical direction/vision for a given project. You must also be a strong contributor to integrated product teams internal and external to the company. A confident outgoing presence with customers both internal and external to the company is essential.
- An understanding of communication theory, with a working knowledge of digital design, RF design, mechanical design, network design, or software design of digital line-of-sight and satellite communications systems is necessary.
- Experience in requirements management and documentation is a must. Other key skills are risk management, project planning, and technical project management
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and formal presentation skills are required.
- Candidate should be skilled in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, DOORs, or similar tools.
- Experience with software programmable architectures is strongly desired. Design experience is preferred, as is experience in one or more of the following areas: high-rate communication systems, satellite communication systems, spread spectrum systems and communication networks.
Special Requirements: Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance. Must be willing and capable of working in an outside environment and in all kinds of environmental conditions. Must be able to travel on occasion to support fielded systems and on-site testing requirements. Travel may include US and overseas locations. You may be required at times to work odd shifts based upon equipment availability and delivery schedules.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Stay connected and learn more about L3 Communication Systems-West in Salt Lake City, UT
US Security Clearance Required : None
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day - 1st
Travel : No
Organization : Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2019, 2:00:44 PM
Job : Engineering-Systems