Epsilon C5I (www.epsilonsystems.com/c5i), focused on software development and systems engineering for intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Systems/Software Test Engineer with 6+ years’ experience for work in St. Petersburg, FL. Our engineering efforts are designed to support a real-time sensor netting system that enables a high-quality situational awareness and integrated fire control capability. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, then this role is for you!
Summary: Our Systems Design engineers provide their expertise to ensure customer success through the design, development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. Design/Test engineers are involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration, subsystem, and component-level testing for sophisticated systems and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and execute innovative and comprehensive tests, verification and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques.
- Involved in all aspects of test including, design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing through customer sell-off of sophisticated systems and technologies.
- Work with systems leads and peers on system designs, requirements development, and process implementation.
- Support the design, development, documentation, analysis, and creation, of ship-based network architecture, physical topology design, configuration updates, data-flow analysis, market surveys, trade studies, and proposals.
- Employ a functional knowledge of a wide variety of systems engineering procedures as they apply to cyber security and network infrastructure, and their design development processes.
- Collaborate with personnel across multiple engineering disciplines and teams.
- Participate in continual product improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices and procedures.
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, engineering management or industrial design.
- At least six (6+) years’ experience in a systems engineering-related role.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- System integration & test experience: hands-on experience integrating software and hardware in a lab, troubleshooting related issues, and understanding imperfections encountered utilizing Matlab models.
- Experience working on technical projects within cost and schedule as part of a product team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
- Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Experience in computer programming skills (e.g., Java, C/C++).
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge of high-bandwidth/anti-jam RF communication system design/development.
- Radar or defense systems domain knowledge.
- Experience and interest working with lab equipment and software.
- Knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.