Title: Senior, Tactical Data Link Instructor
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical and management consulting services to public sector clients. Established in 1997, we specialize in acquisition support, project management, systems engineering, systems integration, spectrum engineering, communications planning and frequency management, logistics, foreign military sales, financial management, Information Technology, training, and product support. Our key domain expertise is in Communication Systems, Command and Control, Space and Missile Systems and Operations, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and IT.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Perform and instruct duties of a Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), Joint Track Data Coordinator (JTDC), Link 11 Manager, and Link 16 Manager.
- Perform analysis of multi-TDL architecture performance and institute changes based on observations.
- Represent customer at the joint and combined interoperability working groups.
- Manage courseware development and maintenance.
- Provide course planning and administration, which includes development and maintenance of schedules, scheduling hands-on field training, student briefs, handouts, and administrative documents, and student notification processes.
- Develop, instruct, revise, and maintain TDL course materials.
- Perform curriculum reviews, courseware development, and multimedia enhancements.
- Author lesson plans, instructor guides, student workbooks, practical exercises, student guides, examinations, and other courseware materials, as required.
- Review and revise tactical communications blocks of instruction, instructor and student materials, and present tactical communications equipment and operational training.
- Provide tactical communications instruction, planning, technical support, and subject matter expertise for supported exercises.
- Deploy to other exercise or operational support locations as directed by the customer.
- Provide technical assistance and evaluation in identifying customer communications needs and develop recommendations for the identification and procurement of communications equipment, services, and training requirements.
- SECRET Clearance
- Formal instructor experience in a service school or training command
- Possess documented training on data link management tools in including Link Monitoring System (LMS-MT), Amalgamated Remote Monitoring System (ARMS), Joint Range Extension (JRE), and with the Air Defense System Integrator (ADSI)
- Minimum of five years of experience with service, joint, or combined data link interoperability operations, exercises, and training, preferably as an instructor/supervisor
- Physically able to lift and move equipment weighing over 70 pounds
- Minimum of one year of experience in training program development under the ISD process or related structured curriculum development scheme
- Possess documented training or a minimum of one year's experience in curriculum development, formal classroom instruction, and use of ADP hardware and software
- B.S. or B.A. degree or possess documented training in Joint Operations at Military Staff College level (Three years of experience in a joint assignment may be substituted).
- JICO certified
- Moderate CONUS and OCONUS travel
- Fayetteville, NC
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off