Our client is seeking a full-time, Senior Tax Accountant, which reports to the Director of Tax Services. The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for the accurate preparation and timely filing of fiduciary, charitable, partnership and personal tax returns with an emphasis on more complex tax returns, and providing back up support for the Director of Tax Services.
- Prepares timely filed fiduciary, charitable, partnership, and personal tax returns with an emphasis on more complex tax returns and problem resolution.
- Works closely with the Director in both a supportive and collaborative process.
- Works with more Junior Tax Accountants as an available resource.
- Provides backup coverage for the Director when s/he is absent from the office.
- Communicates directly with the clients of the department as authorized; and, as assigned, will review the tax preparation work of other Tax accountants.
- Provides expert tax advice to the Director, to the other Tax Accountants, and/or to the clients of the department including the partners of the Private Client Department as is requested.
- Participates in the new hire interview process and may be asked to provide his/her input in the performance review process of more junior Tax Accountants and for the tax accounting support staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a Masters in Taxation preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a fiduciary, charitable, partnership and personal tax preparer with experience in all phases of tax preparation and tax problem analysis and resolution.
- Prior tax accounting experience in a mid-size or larger professional industry work environment is preferred.
- Able to work on significantly complex tax preparations with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience working with ProSystem-fx and Onesource Trust Tax software.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable tax codes and in changes to the tax code.
- High proficiency working with the necessary hardware and software used in tax preparation.
- Have strong independent working skills including ability to initiate and follow through on projects.
- Good verbal and writing skills, tact and diplomacy as well as the ability to interact positively with both staff and lawyers as well as convey a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities; work independently; participate as a team member in projects; maintain accurate records; set and keep to schedules; set priorities; and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail oriented and flexible and treat all office matters with strict confidentiality.