We are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant who will be an integral part of the Finance Function and will report directly to the Tax Manager. In this role you’ll be responsible for the coordination and preparation of the federal, state, and local income tax returns for the company. You will also assist with federal and state income tax audits; prepare tax provisions, tax research and implementation of tax strategies.
- Prepare workpapers and work with external tax advisors to prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly tax filings, including but not limited to Federal Income Tax, Gross Receipts Tax, Sales & Use Tax, Canadian GST/HST/PST, and Property Tax.
- Prepare workpapers and assist in the review of annual federal and state current and deferred income tax provisions.
- Maintain tax calendar to ensure timely filing of all tax returns and projects.
- Assist Tax Manager with various business and tax registrations for new business expansion.
- Assist with state and local tax audits by gathering, organizing and tracking information requested by auditors.
- Research and respond to all tax-exempt inquiries.
- Research and settle state and local tax notices.
- Research tax technical matters and draft memorandums to support and document conclusions.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations related to all tax accounts for US and Canada.
- Assist Tax Manager with special projects and tax planning initiatives.
- Work with business units to update tax configurations, improve tax systems, resolve tax disputes and communicate proper taxability of products.
- 3+ years of corporate tax experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA and Master’s degree in Taxation preferred.
- Strong understanding of and experience with ASC 740, FIN48, accounting principles, and managing external auditor requests/questions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong workpaper techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.