Alexion Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Senior Tax Associate to perform aspects of international and US income tax compliance and reporting. This position is based in our New Haven office and will report to the Tax Controller. This position will be responsible for supporting the international and US income tax compliance outsourced engagement, supporting quarterly and annual income tax accounting and reporting, and supporting other various tax projects as they arise. The Senior Associate will also interface with core finance functions including corporate accounting, legal, treasury, and will also liaise with leaders across a number of non-US locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Certified Public Accountant, and/or post-graduate study in Taxation a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a Big 4, regional accounting firm or corporate tax department.
- Experience across tax disciplines including income tax compliance, income tax accounting (ASC 740), and general corporate tax principles.
- Assist in coordination with outside tax compliance engagement teams to ensure accurate and timely completion of international and US income tax returns.
- Assist in reviewing international and US income tax returns, while understanding and communicating tax compliance risks and opportunities.
- Assist in reviewing international and US estimated tax payment calculations and coordinate payment disbursements with Accounts Payable and Treasury.
- Assist in reviewing return-to-provision calculations and incorporate the impact of return filings into the Alexion tax provision.
- Assist tax team members with preparation of the global income tax provision and annual effective tax rate calculations on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor global tax law changes and assess potential impacts to the effective tax rate of affected entities.
- Monitor income tax payable accounts and reconcile on a quarterly basis.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the tax team to complete mandatory financial statement reporting requirements.
New Haven, CT, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.