Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The Sr. Manager, Transfer pricing and Planning will be responsible for the transfer pricing function including monthly invoice review and preparation, transfer pricing calculation and maintenance of system, contract maintenance, BEPS implementation, forecasting, Fin 48, SOX compliance and modeling of transfer pricing methodology.
This individual will be responsible for the preparation, review, and coordination of all functional analysis, transfer pricing audits, country by country reporting, transfer pricing questions and implementation of BEPS methodologies. This person will work in collaboration with the global tax team to ensure that all foreign tax accounting/compliance for the Company is complete and accurate. The Sr. Manager Transfer Pricing and Planning will research and plan to ensure that all tax law changes are appropriately aligned with the transfer pricing methodologies of the Company.
Key position responsibilities include:
- This person will be responsible for the global transfer pricing function, including BEPS reporting, permanent establishment research, withholding tax, treaty research, and memos, transfer pricing calculations, invoicing and forecasting models.
- Perform functional analysis for all business units, understand the global transfer pricing methodology
- Responsible for forecasting tax cash paid and effective tax rate. Assist with support of tax return positions upon audit, including foreign audits.
- Responsible for Fin 48 calculations as needed.
- Support foreign locations in minimizing U.S. and local country income, customs and VAT taxes.
- Prepare and review as needed, all BEPS related reports and international tax compliance for related party transactions. Assist with the transfer pricing documentation and support of tax policies and procedures to comply with Sarbanes Oxley
- Responsible for FATCA issues, W8BENE, treaty issues, residency certificates, withholding tax and other jurisdictional matters.
- Coordinate preparation of local foreign statutory financial statements as it pertains to intercompany transactions
- Perform detailed and accurate research on all tax compliance matters as needed to ensure that the tax filing positions for intercompany transactions are supported by sound tax positions.
- Review and assist with the preparation of all transfer pricing reports globally.
- Maintain calendars, organize global function.
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge, skill and, experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced degree a plus
- CPA certification preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience working in tax and working in a global tax environment with transfer pricing.
- Must possess superior organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to write reports thoroughly and review for accuracy and thoughtfulness.
- Willingness to communicate with foreign controllers and advisers at different times of the day.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex tax issues.
- Strong analytical skills and solid experience with tax financial data.
- Solid Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and computer knowledge.
- Ability to work with transfer pricing technology systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a team-oriented environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.