GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This position will play a key role as a technical accounting resource for the Company, supporting the team by researching, resolving and documenting complex accounting issues and transactions such as revenue recognition, leases, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and other non-recurring transactions. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in complex accounting, including revenue recognition and leases, as well as a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This role will be based in Scottsdale, AZ
Role, Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions:
- Perform technical research on non-recurring or complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP
- Assess the financial and operational impact of new accounting pronouncements and act as our leader in ensuring compliance with the relevant financial reporting standards
- Review contractual arrangements to determine proper accounting treatment and document conclusions reached
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and memos as well as develop and deliver relevant training to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Assist with M&A, including due diligence, purchase accounting, and integration activities
- Participate on or lead special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation required
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting or a mix of public accounting and publicly-traded multinational companies
- Big 4 public accounting experience required
- Experience in SaaS or technology industry preferred
- Experience working in technical accounting, accounting policies, accounting advisory, or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, with excellent project management, oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.