OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
The Senior Technical Solution Consultant has a high proficiency in translating business problems into solutions leveraging the out of the box configuration capabilities of Zuora as well as technical solution based on Zuora APIs, data exports and loads and advanced configuration. Should always ensure that solution provided is delivering business value. Ideal candidate has 2 to 4 years of experience in implementing and integrating software solutions, ideally in Billing, CRM or ERP domains.
The Senior Technical Solution Consultant manages multiple complex tasks and priorities while maintaining the ability to engage with team members and clients in a professional and timely manner. He/she maintains control during challenging project situations and exudes confidence to other team members and the client. Communicates professionally and in the correct business form with team members and clients.
Will serve as the primary/sole technical consultant for small projects and less complex mid-size projects. As experience increases, he/she will assume responsibility for being the sole consultant on more complex projects or for large deliverables on complex Enterprise and Mid-Market projects.
Through individual actions and on a day to day basis, the Technical Solution Consultant will demonstrate a clear understanding of Customer Success. This means developing technical solutions to solve business problems and not simply code. He/she will develop a proficiency in identifying when a technical solution may not solve a business problem and therefore puts business value at risk.
The Technical Consultant will carry out the following activities:
- Run Technical training or lead technical deep dives with the Client
- Configure Zuora to fulfill use cases
- Identify areas of complexity and propose technical solutions
- Independently own development projects through all life cycle phases (Java, PHP, Ruby, .Net and Python)
- Collaborate on several, concurrent projects, which could include coding and design, coordinating new releases or documenting projects
- Provide the client with the expertise on the Zuora API, integration technical best practices, data export and load, including guidance and support for data migration activities
- Develop and test programs that are easily maintainable.
- Will review the work done by the Client or by an implementing Partner in order to provide guidance, feedback and anticipate issues
- Work with your Solution Architect and other team members to ensure proper application of all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), and that completion dates are met
- 20-40% travel is required, depending on client expectations
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related major
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions a plus!
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have a solid understanding of object oriented technologies to develop software applications (java, python, ruby on rails, APEX, .net, C#)
- Ability to accurately scope, plan and estimate the level of effort for tasks
- Demonstrated strength with complex problem decomposition
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred
- Working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- APEX quoting experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.