MathWorks is the world leader in technical computing, system simulation, and embedded code generation tools. We are seeking an engineer with a passion for data analysis and experience in machine learning to join our Consulting Services team. In this role you will help our customers use MATLAB and associated tools to organize and clean their data, analyze and visualize it, create predictive classification and regression models, and build and deploy applications. Application focus areas include predictive maintenance, process control, data analysis, and time series forecasting – for the oil & gas, power, electronics, and biomedical industries, among others. Project work may also involve computer vision, signal processing, optimization, system simulation, and/or deep learning.
The location for this position is in MathWorks’ office in Plano, Texas.
- Lead technical consulting projects with customers (>50% time)
- Integrate with static and streaming data sources
- Clean, denoise, conduct statistical analyses of, and augment data
- Assess workflow bottlenecks and automate manual tasks
- Create, refine, and validate classification and regression models
- Enhance performance using distributed computing, GPUs, and cloud resources
- Design, prototype, and refine MATLAB-based software applications
- Deploy models via compilation, code generation, and production servers
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Experience with Machine learning
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- MS in engineering
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Software architecture and application development
- Customer-facing experience
- Project management
- Availability to travel as projects require
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.