Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
Episodepartners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such asMean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble,andPretty Little Liars.Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists.Episodehas made the list of the Apple’s Top 10 iOS games of 2017!
As aTechnical Game Designer onEpisode, you'llhelp us design, build, and iterate on Unity prototypes of story-driven free-to-play mobile games for women.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the technical design and execution of new Unity prototypes of games for young and young adult women.
- Iterate rapidly on those prototypes based on feedback from playtests, user tests, and data collection.
- Design and implement new features for the most successful prototypes we create.
- Pitch new ideas for game prototypes.
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction.
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- You can rapidly prototype games in Unity.
- You enjoy light hearted, romantic, playful, and sweet stories. RomComs or YA novels are your go to for comfort.
- You crave constant feedback that helps you make your game prototypes better.
- You have 3 years experience as a mobile game designer, preferably in free-to-play mobile.
- You have experience teaching other people how to use Unity.
- You're excited to learn new engines and game technologies.
- You have experience collaborating with other disciplines on game development projects.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.