Location: Irving, TX
As a Product Manager (IoT/Connected Products), you are directly responsible for leading the development of an IoT platform and driving innovative, connected products to the world from ideation to launch. You are the chief representative of the voice of the consumer, bringing an entrepreneurial mindset to finding new and existing opportunities for the business to profitably grow. You bring a strong combination of both commercial acumen and technology understanding to expand our technological breadth and diversity of our service offerings.
In this role you will define optimal products & solutions based on market opportunity, core requirements, and competitive assessment; this position has responsibility to identify and respond to growing trends in the connected vehicle space, as well as creating a competitive advantage through innovation. You will have a deep, hands-on role in defining product capabilities and working closely with engineering and marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create/refine IoT product roadmap with simplified customer journey, standardized internal process and measurable SLA.
* Develop business case with product enhancement objectives and obtain buy-in from senior management, product, finance and operational leaders.
* Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Confirmed ability to think Customer-first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs
* Have demonstrated project leadership including successfully defining and launching product innovation
* Develop and publish product metrics to improve performance of IoT products.
* Experience in network deployment and operations processes (eg ITIL) and tools (Prime Infrastructure, Nagios, etc.)
* Understanding of modern SW stacks, eg Docker, Kubernetes, NiFi, Kafka, Flume etc.
* Understanding of infrastructure services, eg RBAC, IAM, UI frameworks,
* Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS and related AWS services
* Experience with Agile/Scrum development environments
* Validated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* 5-8 years of overall work experience with a strong background in systems engineering, product development and/or product management.
* 3+ years of Product Management experience in software, network management, IoT or M2M environment
* Proven ability to bring successful IoT consumer products to market from ideation to launch.
* Experience with new partnerships within the IoT space and managing those relationships.
* Background in mixed hardware / software product development, and/or highly engineered products.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled