As a Project Manager in the Baptist Technology Services (BTS) Program Management Office (PMO), you will help write the next successful chapter in our organization’s continued growth and improvement story. You will work closely with multiple groups including our Service Lines, Corporate Leadership, and Engineering. Your job will be to perform business analysis and structure projects with your stakeholders, define project goals and risks to execution, gather comprehensive requirements and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle, including clearly communicating status, risks and remediation plans to executive stakeholders. You will enable effectiveness in controls and productivity by providing your direct insights, plans, process and tools to deliver these cross-functional initiatives at scale.
This isn’t your typical PM role, we need strategic thinkers with excellent business acumen who can leverage a deep understanding of successful internal customer processes to guide decision making, solve problems, and provide analytical insight and business judgment to support strategic and tactical initiatives across the organization. Relationships are crucial to our success and yours. You will need to be able to navigate the org structure of several functional areas, building strong relationships not only with partner teams but also with their stakeholders in senior management. Comfortable with ambiguity and tight deadlines, you are an innovative thinker who understands how it all comes together across the various IT disciplines, learning the internal customer’s needs and communicating to and with stakeholders at every level. You enjoy problem solving and strategy as well as rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
Not bound by the status quo or your job title, you seek out new ways to solve complex issues and have demonstrated you know how to find the right balance between risk, speed and cost. Playing to win, yet you will always collaborate and put our patients, caregivers and colleagues (the Team’s) interests first. You will work closely with the Director of the PMO as a self-starter, interested in finding opportunities to offer ideas, seek out ways to help, and work collaboratively, as well as independently, toward continuously refining our project management model. You must possess a strong work ethic, situational awareness, and a drive to contribute to an environment that seeks to exhibit trust, can-do attitude and true teamwork that serves the common good and goals.
- Facilitate cross-functional coordination across project plans
- Manage work stream dependencies and the impact on downstream working groups
- Track updated accomplishments, milestones, key issues and/or change controls
- Establish and lead working group meetings. Create weekly project status and executive reporting
- Leverage knowledge of our internal customer’s departmental and strategic goals to provide valuable inputs to the project team, identify risks and guide decision making
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 years of experience as a PM, track record of leading large strategic initiatives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Comfortable leading discussions in a cross-functional group to identify issues and resolutions; effective team management, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to facilitate discussions with senior executives to obtain key decisions.
- Detail and deadline oriented with strong organizational and analytic skills
- Impeccable documentation skills
- Creativity and accuracy in PowerPoint and Word
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and MS Project
- Deep MS Project Server experience a major plus
- Knowledge of creating reports from database queries, particularly in conjunction with Project Portfolio Management systems is a major plus
- PMP certification preferred, but not required