This Federal Civilian Solutions Services Area provides guidance and support to its clients in the areas of program and acquisition life cycle management, information technology systems modernization management, applied telecommunications and networking, applied contact centers, and serves as a uniquely neutral technology clearinghouse and information sharing institution.This team is building a behavioral analytics team to support a wide variety of client needs focused on detecting fraudulent electronic transactions/usage. Team members will work collaboratively with the Noblis data analytics architects and data scientists to design and implement an offline and near real time analytics capability, visualization and a near real-time dash boarding and visualization capabilities to support Federal Agencies in strengthening their security posture against fraudulent web transactions.
The Senior Graphics /Tech Writer Associate will partner closely with Noblis and IRS Government Customer and Analytics Team to:
- Conceptualize and create program presentations and documentation that include Executive presentations with graphs and charts of data in Excel, customer marketing and education campaigns, and project documents.
- Engage in meetings with the client, including subject matter experts to learn business and technical material and objectives for programs with clients, asking clarifying questions as needed, and identify key and supporting information and messages to be communicated.
In support of Executive presentation, the Graphics Specialist will apply his or her artistic abilities using high-level PowerPoint illustration tools to develop illustrations, diagrams, charts and other graphics to visually explain the complex concepts and material in a way that is clear, appealing and compelling for client readers. This role is not just a matter of digitally replicating what is written on a white board by SMEs. Rather, the purpose of the role is to employ abilities to learn new subject matter well enough to then be able to utilize concept visualization and interpretation skills to explain the material, and communicate key messages, insight, viewpoints, points of emphasis through artistic representations of the material. This will in turn facilitate communication between SME authors with targeted customer readers in ways that written text cannot alone. The Executive presentations will require the graphic specialist to finalize and format presentation quality graphs and charts using Excel and PowerPoint.
The Technical Writer portion of this role may include:
- The preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writing and editing of technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation.
- Creating code documentation for software;
- Producing implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities;
- Providing field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings,
- Consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
The Graphics portion of this role may include:
- Identify opportunities for develop business process efficiencies by creating organized repositories of graphics material that can be catalogued and easily retrieved for reuse on future efforts.
- Counsel or train SMEs on artistic messaging.
- Provide quality assurance for graphics on proposal efforts, instructional material, marketing material, and other client directed literature.
- Provide technical expertise for graphic technology on a variety of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Computer Graphics Technology, Communications, or related field with 18+ years of experience, or a Masters with 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop graphic visualizations and interpretations of novel business or technical concepts
- Technical abilities with more sophisticated graphics tools such as:
- MS Visio
- Excel for graphs and charts
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams yet also work independently as well
- Excellent relationship development and management skills
- Intellectual curiosity of, and ability to grasp, business, technical, and scientific material and concepts
- Ability to accept well intentioned constructive feedback if/when occasionally offered, and adaptability and willingness to partner with others to modify designs
- Most of all, a personal passion for graphics design, as demonstrated by continual self-learning and experimentation
- Ability to, under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Ability to apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Ability to research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in a written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Employees must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.