NASA Ames has an ongoing requirement for scientific research, application development, and deployment of advanced information systems technology. This is a critical requirement to the NASA mission and other federal government projects. Join the Noblis team and help NASA research, design and develop next generation technologies that will shape the future of air and space flight missions and operations.
Noblis is looking for qualified candidates to fill a Senior Technical Writer position supporting a team of engineers and operations personnel in the areas of research, development, and deployment of tools and spacecraft and aircraft systems in support of NASA’s space, flight, test, and ground missions. The primary place of performance is Mountain View, CA but will support operational needs at neighboring facilities when required. The Senior Technical Writer will directly report to the Chief Technologist.
This position will provide support in the following areas:
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Develops and prepares graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Specializes in technical writing for one or more specific projects/programs
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to his or her industry
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in technical writing
- Outstanding written communication
- Ability to explain concepts clearly
- Outstanding Planning and Organization skills
- Knowledge of Software and Computers
- Attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to work under pressure
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.