Location: Los Angeles, CA
Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths and RF systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
* Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
* Maintains program continuity for multiple audio channels.
* Performs regular tests to ensure optimum performance.
* Performs routine balancing, aligning, sweeping and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals.
* Anticipates and prevents, to the extent possible, problems and outages prior to their occurrence.
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
* Associate's degree in electronics, broadcast rechnology, related course of study, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* At least 5 years' experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
* Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Digital and IP-based routing, playout and recording systems.
* Broadcast audio digital consoles and related studio equipment.
* PC and MAC-based broadcast and production workstations.
* Satellite receivers.
* IP and ISDN broadcast codecs.
* Telecom and networking equipment.
* Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility.
* Ability to diagnose, detect and isolate equipment faults by equipment log review and signal flow documentation analysis.
* Ability to work from schematics, signal flow documents in diagnosis of signal faults.
* Basic knowledge of IP audio flow and networks common in broadcast facilities.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD and Visio.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled