Location: New York, NY
Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the radio and video broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths, RF systems and video equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
* Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
* Maintains program continuity for multiple audio and video channels.
* Performs regular tests to ensure optimum performance.
* Performs routine balancing, aligning, sweeping and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals.
* Anticipates and prevents, to the extent possible, problems and outages prior to their occurrence
* Associate's degree or higher in Electronics, Broadcast Technology or related course of study or equivalent work experience.
* At least 5 years of experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
* Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high pressure environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with the following:
* Digital routers and audio recorders.
* Video Broadcasting Equipment.
* PC and Apple based A/V workstations.
* Broadcast consoles.
* Satellite receivers.
* Strong IT and networking skills and understanding of cloud based applications.
* RF based transmission equipment.
* Demonstrated familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled