Location: New York, NY
The Senior Technician, Broadcast Operations, is a member of the technical team that supports the New York based Broadcast Facility for Sirius XM. This person is responsible for routine and emergency maintenance of broadcast equipment. Occasional equipment installations and studio operations support are to be expected. Requires knowledge of multiple systems, updating systems documentation, ability to work independently, support projects, assist technicians in improving existing systems. Strong networking / IT skills preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the technical maintenance of the Broadcast Studios and related support equipment.
* Good troubleshooting skills and ability to work in a fast paced broadcast facility.
* In order to support other NY based facilities, must be able to travel within the metropolitan area.
* Must be able to install complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards. Maintain program continuity for multiple audio channels
* Troubleshoot and repair daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission, receive signal, off-air return signal and equipment failures
* Perform routine balancing, aligning, sweeping and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals
* Anticipates and prevent, to the extent possible, problems and outages prior to their occurrence
* Bachelor's Degree in EE, CS or related area or equivalent experience and at least three years of relevant broadcast technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience as a technician in radio broadcast, network broadcasting operations or military telecommunications
* Demonstrate one or more of the following:
* Knowledge of multiple broadcast systems - Experience using Windows and Mac OS - Experience in basic networking
* Has updated documentation and operations procedures Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to multi-task. - Must be able to work shifts required in a 24/7 operation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
* General proficiency and working knowledge in all areas of Broadcast operations.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Audio over IP transmission
* Media routers
* PC and MAC based audio digital workstations
* All studio equipment
* Satellite receivers
* ISDN codecs
* T-1 codecs
* RF distribution equipment
* Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast facility
* Comprehensive understanding of broadcast electronics
* Familiarity with broadcast program play-out, preferably Dalet or Prophet Systems.
* Strong understanding of IT infrastructure, including routers, switches, networks concepts. Network + and/or A+ Certification a plus.
* Able to route audio through multiple systems, understanding routing logic, signal flow and codecs.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled